Dear existing and new customers,
I am sure you want Julie to be fully integrated into your company. To do so, Julie needs her own email address based on your domain name. How to create it? This post will guide you through the setup. Here is what you should know.
1. You are using Gmail:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console
- Click on Users.
- Click on the Plus button and select Add user.
- Write “Julie” in the First Name section, choose any Last Name you want (if you want one) and your Primary email address should appear like that: Julie@yourcompany.com
If your account has multiple domains associated with it, select the domain you want to add the user to.
- (optional) you can set a secondary email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on Auto-generate the password and create.
- Click on Email instructions and send it to Julie@juliedesk.com
- Click on Done
Google uploaded a video on Youtube where they explain how to proceed:
2. You are using Outlook 365:
- Go to the Office 365 admin center
- Choose Users > Active Users. Click Plus button
- Then the Create a new user account page is displayed, as shown in the following figure.
- Write “Julie” in the First Name section, choose any Last Name you want and in the Display Name “Julie + the last name”
- In the User Name section add “Julie” and choose the domain name you’d like as it should appear like that : email@example.com. If you have more than one domain, be sure to select the right one
- By default, Office 365 auto-generates a new temporary password for the person. You do not need to change it.
- In the “Email password to the following recipients” field, type firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up everything for you.
- Click on”Create” and you are done.
3. If you are using other services (not listed above):
You should know better than me how to create a Julie@yourcompany.com 😉
However here is what you should know to have everything working:
- Emails should be redirected from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most of the time, you’ll have to take care of this setting. If you don’t know how to do that we may be able to help if you tell us the name of your email provider.
- For us to be able to send emails using email@example.com and avoid spam filter, we will need SMTP authentification for this account. Please provide us your SMTP server information and the credentials for the account firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you’ve done step 1, 2 or 3, Julie will be one of your employees 😉